Add targeting criteria to a line item
To add targeting criteria to a line item:
- Click the Delivery tab.
- Click the order containing the line item you'd like to edit.
- Click the appropriate line item in the table.
- Click the Settings tab.
Under "Add targeting," select a targeting criterion. (Example: Geography).
- Choose matches to include specific values in your targeting.
- Choose does not match to exclude specific values in your targeting.
- Select targeting values from the left box to add them to your line item.
- Repeat these steps to select additional targeting criteria.
- Click Save.
If you frequently target the same set of criteria, you can save it as a targeting preset. You can also apply saved targeting presets to your line item. Learn more about targeting presets.
- If you don’t target the line item to any ad units or placements, then the line item will be set to serve as run-of-network. This means the line item can serve to any ad unit on your website.
- If you select multiple values for at least two targeting criteria (for example, Geography: Belgium, Singapore and Operating system: Linux and Macintosh), DFP Small Business will apply an AND operator. That is, DFP Small Business will target all users who are in Belgium OR Singapore AND who use Linux OR Macintosh.
- Learn how to exclude targeting criteria from a line item by negatively targeting multiple criteria.