Getting started with mediation
To use mediation in your mobile app, follow the steps below to prepare your DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) network and your mobile app. Review the developers sites for Android and iOS for a full list of all supported ad networks.
Prepare your mobile app
- Install the Google Mobile Ads SDK in your mobile app.
- Implement network adapters to connect your app with each third-party ad network used for mediation.
Set up inventory in DFP
You must link an Ad Exchange for mobile apps account to your DFP network and mark it as "default for dynamic allocation" to enable yield groups and mediation. If you don't already have an Ad Exchange account, contact a sales representative or work with a DoubleClick partner to create an account.
- Create a yield partner for each ad network to compete in mediation.
- Create a yield group to specify which inventory will be available to ad networks.
- Test mediation on a small set of your mobile app ad units before scaling up your implementation.
- Use yield group reporting in DFP to evaluate performance. Avoid including yield group inventory in Active View reports as impressions from third-party ad networks are not eligible for Active View measurement.
- Review system maximums and limits for mediation.