Enable alcohol ads for Ad Exchange Beta
Users have the option to allow alcohol ads for your Ad Exchange account. If you've selected this option, any users can enable alcohol ads for selected inventory using Opt-in rules.
Alcohol ad inventory must comply with the following sell-side beta guidelines:
- Alcohol ads must serve to approved content where at least 75% of the site's visitors are over the legal drinking age.
- All content must be reasonably targeted at users of legal drinking age and must not contain sensitive content where an association with alcohol would be inappropriate (for example, a site about recovering from addiction or pregnancy websites).
Publisher site found to have sensitive content or content that targets minors, will no longer be permitted to participate in the alcohol beta.
STEP 1: Allow alcohol ads for your account
You must first allow alcohol ads to be enabled for your Ad Exchange account. If your country is not listed, we don't currently allow Alcohol in your country.
- In DFP, click Admin Policy Policy settings.
If you're using Ad Exchange instead of DFP, click Admin Policy.
- The policies page displays a prompt: "Do you want to allow alcohol ads?"
This Step 1 option doesn't automatically enable alcohol ads everywhere; it only allows you to enable them. Select and enable your inventory via the "Opt-In" section of Rules.
Make sure you opt into specific segments of your inventory in Display, and Mobile/Video (if applicable). You need to create two or three different opt-in rules depending on the syndication types you have enabled in your Ad Exchange account.
- If you click "Allow," you are reminded of the terms and conditions of opting in. To proceed, click Confirm.
- If you click "Block," alcohol ads cannot run on your inventory. Ad Exchange rules that have opted into alcohol are still viewable and editable from the "Rules" summary page.
- If you don't select either option, alcohol is blocked by default.
Step 2: Enable alcohol ads for your inventory
If alcohol ads are allowed for your account (Step 1), you can create or edit rules to enable them for specific pieces of your inventory.
- In DFP, click Inventory Ad Exchange rules Opt-In..
- Click the appropriate syndication type sub-tab (for example, Display).
- Click New rule, or update an existing or default rule.
- Select the targeting criteria to include for this rule.
- A list of restricted categories appears under "Allow the following." Click allow next to "Alcohol" to enable alcohol ads for the inventory you've chosen to target.
- Click Save.
- Repeat this process (steps 1 through 6) for Mobile and Video (if applicable).
Alcohol ads are currently supported for the following countries:
*Countries absent from this list are not eligible to participate in the “Alcohol on AdX” feature beta. Contact your account manager for more information.
**The ability to transact “Alcohol on AdX” is dependent on buyer participation of these features. Check with your account manager and/or buyer when setting up alcohol specific deals to confirm buyer support.