Get started with DFP programmatic
Programmatic advertising has introduced a number of efficiencies, which makes selling digital ads easier and more efficient for publishers and advertisers. DFP programmatic brings these efficiencies to the direct sales process.
Learn about the benefits of DFP programmatic in this video:Programmatic guaranteed overview (3:15)
To get started with DFP programmatic, a DFP administrator needs to:
- Enable DFP programmatic in your network
- Configure environment types
- Create programmatic products and publish them to the Marketplace (optional)
Once enabled and configured, DFP programmatic contains features that allows sales people to:
- Start negotiation of direct sales campaigns with buyers
- Finalize campaign details, secure buyer agreement, and quickly push campaigns to delivery
- Renegotiate details of previously finalized campaigns
The entire process occurs directly in DFP, reducing potential lag in securing buyer agreement and human error in using multiple systems. All billing and payments are additionally handled by DFP automatically, avoiding possible discrepancies in reported delivery and lowering overhead in managing reconciliation.
If a DFP administrator publishes products to the Marketplace, buyers can discover your inventory and initiate direct sales campaigns with your network. Publishing products to the Marketplace increases the possibility of transactions with your network.
Programmatic features are available to all DFP publishers with a mapped Ad Exchanged account. The following restrictions apply to programmatic campaigns:
- Campaigns must adhere to content policies as outline in Google DoubleClick Ad Exchange (AdX) Seller Program Guidelines.
- Campaigns can only transact on pages containing supported Ad Exchange languages.
- Publishers using partner management can only serve campaigns to domains verified in their partner management network.
|Line item settings||
|Creative content policy||
Creatives are hosted in Bid Manager for programmatic campaigns. DFP contains line item and creative placeholders that are mapped to the ones in Bid Manager. Because this is a one-to-one relationship, you can generate reports in DFP based on these placeholders. While you can run video master/companion campaigns, DFP does not collect metrics on companion ads hosted in Bid Manager. As a result, DFP reports won't capture companion ads for these campaigns.