Create a new Ad Exchange user from DFP
If your DoubleClick for Publishers network is mapped to an Ad Exchange account, you can create and manage Ad Exchange users in the DoubleClick for Publishers interface. This process replaces the former process of creating them from AdSense or asking your DoubleClick representative to add a user.
To create new user accounts, your user role must have the "Edit users, roles, and teams" permission enabled.
Create a new Ad Exchange user
- Sign in to DoubleClick for Publishers.
- Click Admin Access & authorization Users.
- Click New user.
- Enter the user's information in the fields.
- Select the appropriate user role. You can create a user who only has access to Ad Exchange, or who has access to Ad Exchange and specific roles within DFP:
- Ad Exchange manager: The user has access to all Ad Exchange functionality, but not DFP.
- Administrator: This user has access to all Ad Exchange and DFP functionality.
If a DFP administrator should not have access to Ad Exchange, that user should be removed from the administrator role and moved to the "Administrator (DFP only)" role.
- Custom role: You can also create a custom role that includes access to both DFP and Ad Exchange. Along with the typical DFP permissions, include the Ad Exchange permission in the "Access to DFP tabs" section to allow access to both systems.
- Click Save to save your settings and send an email invitation with sign-up instructions.
- The email contains an expiration date. If the recipient doesn't respond to the email by the expiration date, the new user you've created in DFP will be deleted. If that happens, create the user again.