Generate a report from a system query
System queries can be thought of as templates for queries, with certain recommended items pre-selected. Use system queries to construct reports for your network over a given time period. Reports can be generated on either a one-time, daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Sign in to DoubleClick for Publishers.
- Click ReportsQueries.
- At the top menu of the Queries page, click System queries.
- Click on the query you'd like to run from the list of available system queries. Once you've clicked to create a system query, recommended dimensions and metrics will be pre-selected.
Report parameters you can change (optional)
- Select a date range other than the pre-selected date range. If you want to schedule a weekly report, select Last week (Mon-Sun). If you want to schedule a monthly report, select Last month.
A broad date range selection, such as the dynamic date range of Last 3 years, may unfavorably impact your report performance. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you choose a specific date range whenever possible.
- Enter the DFP username or email address of people who will be allowed to edit the query.
- Select or deselect from the list of dimensions and metrics. If you're scheduling a weekly report, ensure you've selected Week and if you're scheduling a monthly report, ensure you've selected Month and year.
Run and share your report
- Select how often you want to run the report, the file type of the report, and optionally with whom you'd like to share the report.
- You can save or share your system queries, like any other query. When you save a system query, you are creating a new query, not editing the system query. The query will be listed on the "Queries" page.