Add an image creative
An image creative is based on an image file in GIF, JPG, or PNG format. Image creatives in DFP are automatically AMPHTML-Ads compliant.Image creatives (4:53)
How to add an image creative
- Sign in to DoubleClick for Publishers.
- Click Delivery Creatives.
- Click Add creatives.
- Search for the creative's advertiser and click Continue. If you cannot find your advertiser, add a new advertiser.
- Click Image.
- Enter a descriptive Name for your creative.
- Click Image files to upload a GIF, JPG, or PNG image file. Only the RGB color format is supported. If you're using a JPG file with a CMYK color format, you can convert the JPG to GIF or PNG.
Or, click Use a remote image and enter a URL to use an image hosted elsewhere.
- (Optional) Choose the density of an uploaded image for use on desktop and mobile devices that have high-density, or "retina," displays. You can upload a separate creative for each density (1x, 1.5x, and 2x) and DFP will select the appropriate image for each user's device.
How is density different than size?
Density is how many pixels appear within a constant area of a user's display, or screen. For example, a 300-pixel by 250-pixel (300x250) area on a standard display might contain 1.5x or 2x more pixels on a high-density display. Size in DFP is the pixel dimensions of your creative on a standard display.
- Enter the Destination for your creative's landing page, which is either a click-through URL, click-to-app URL, or a phone number. If you enter a phone number, the creative will only be served to mobile devices that can make calls.
- Specify the Target ad unit size where the creative should deliver.
- (Optional) Enter a third-party impression URL to trigger a third-party tracking service when the creative appears. This URL can contain DFP macros. Note that these URLs are not supported for creatives with an actual size of "Out-of-page."
- (Optional) Enter Alt text for screen readers, commonly used by visually-impaired users.
- Click Save.
Allow creative image size to differ from ad unit size
If you've uploaded a creative with dimensions that don't match the specified ad unit size, an error appears when you save. Select Allow creative size to differ from ad unit size to allow the differently-sized image to deliver to requests for the defined ad unit size.
For example, if you want to upload a 300x250 image creative that can deliver into a 300x600 ad slot, use this setting.
DFP image creatives are automatically AMPHTML ads-compliant and load faster than standard ads. AMPHTML ads enable publishers, marketers, and technology providers to deliver faster, lighter, and more secure ad experiences across all platforms by applying the principles of Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) to building and serving ads.
This AMPHTML ads compliance doesn’t mean that only AMPHTML ads can appear in the ad slot. You can continue to run all the conventional ads you’re running today. The compliance simply means that, when an image creative appears, it will load faster.
How AMPHTML Ads image creatives work
- When you traffic image creatives in DFP and an ad request comes from an AMP page, DFP will automatically use AMPHTML to serve image ads faster.
- Image ads will continue to serve as standard ads on desktop web and mobile apps.