SDK mediation allows you to send impressions from mobile applications to ad networks via the ad networks' own SDKs. SDK mediation is useful in the following situations:
- An ad network only accepts requests from its own SDK.
- Certain custom formats are only available in the ad network's SDK.
- Information provided by the SDK, such as location information or a unique user ID, enables higher CPMs.
The SDK mediation creative type enables you to specify an ordered list of ad networks to call. For each impression, the ad request goes to the ad networks in the specified order, until the impression is filled.
SDK mediation in DFP involves two steps:
- In your application, include the ad network SDKs along with the Google Mobile Ads SDK. Instructions for this step are available in our developer documentation.
- In DFP, create one or more line items with SDK mediation creatives. You can add SDK mediation creatives to multiple line items with different targeting, so it's possible to vary your ad network list and priority for different countries, devices, or other targeting criteria. View instructions for adding a new creative.
The Google Mobile Ads SDK includes a handler for custom events, so you can integrate ad networks, introduce callouts to other services, or trigger other behaviour in your application as part of the mediation chain.