Overview of DFP reporting
DFP reporting, also known as Query Tool, helps you create and schedule customized reports. Here are some of the features offered:
- Create queries to view performance by week, quarter, month, or specify a fixed date range.
- Filter delivery data with dimensions and metrics.
- Schedule and share query results.
- Generate reports from predefined system queries.
- Export large reports in a variety of formats, including Excel and CSV.
- When daylight saving time (DST) begins in the Spring, there is one hour in reporting that doesn't show impression data, but the previous hour reflects two hours of data. When daylight saving time ends in the Fall, each hour will show appropriate hourly data.
- DFP and Ad Exchange both aggregate statistics continuously, though there might be a delay of up to four hours for data to appear in reports. For DFP, statistics for the previous month are frozen after 4:00 AM on the first day of every month (does not apply to Ad Exchange reporting). Learn more about IAB compliance.
Recent updates to DFP reporting
- The functionality to create Reports has been merged into Queries. Any saved reports will be kept for 40 days and then those reports will disappear.
- The selectors for dimensions and metrics has been updated to simplify report creation. Use the recently used categories or filter by keyword to reduce the number of selections and hover over any dimension or metric name to see a definition.
- Refer to the estimated completion time displayed on screen as you create a query. Remember to limit the date range and number of dimensions and metrics included to reduce processing time.
- If you run your report and need to make a change, click edit to quickly return to the editing screen.
Report on Ad Exchange performance in DFP
DFP reporting now offers the ability to create the same reports previously generated in Ad Exchange. When you create or edit a query, select the Ad Exchange historical report type.