Track conversions and user activity
Create and edit activity groups
Activities are organized within activity groups, which are sets of activities that share the same configuration. You create and manage activities from within activity groups.
For each activity group, you set:
Companies: The advertisers associated with the activities in the group.
Lookback windows: The number of days into the past that DFP looks when determining whether a click or an impression can be credited with a conversion. Lookback windows can be from 1 to 30 days.
Create activity groups
To create an activity group:
- Sign in to DoubleClick for Publishers.
- Click Admin Activity groups.
- Click New activity group.
- Enter a name for the activity group.
- Enter at least one company with which the group is associated. Typically, the companies are the advertisers that will work with the activity tags and view reports on conversions from this group.
- (Optional) Adjust the number of days (1 to 30) in the lookback windows for clicks or impressions, which determine how far back DFP looks in associating an impression or click with a conversion.
- Create an activity by entering a name and setting the activity type. You can also enter the expected URL, which is the URL of the webpage where the tags will be placed (optional).
Edit activity groups
To edit an existing activity group:
- In DFP, click Admin Activity groups.
- Find and click on the activity group you want to edit.
- Click edit.
- Make any desired changes. You can make an activity group inactive, which means that the activities within it will no longer record conversions.