This guide contains step-by-step instructions to serve video ads on your site.
What you need to know before you start
This guide assumes that you have working knowledge of basic DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) concepts. For a refresher, please see the following articles:
- Introduction to advertising with DFP
- DFP elements
- Video advertising overview
- Video ad units
- Support options
General steps to going live
Here are the steps to going live with video ads on your site:
- Define video inventory. Decide what ad units and key-values you'll use to target your video inventory.
- Generate tags. In the DFP interface, create the video ad tags to place on your site.
- Integrate with a video player. To start serving video ads quickly, choose one of our partner video platforms. You can also use a custom player and integrate it with the Google IMA SDK (Flash or HTML5), though Google doesn't offer support for this option.
- Traffic a video line item. Set up and target a video line item and upload your creatives. Use the VAST Inspector to test your video ads.
- Report and track. Once video ads are running, use DFP video reporting to get detailed video ad metrics.