Connect to a content source
To target ads to video content, the first step is to set up a content source in DFP. Video content must be "active" in your content management system in order to sync with DFP. Inactive content is not included in the sync.
Before you connect to a content source, make sure you've followed the steps detailed below.
- Ensure that each content partner in your MRSS feed has been created and is active. Learn more
- Within the MRSS feed, ensure that each piece of content that should have an owner has the following:
<dfpvideo:owner name=”ContentPartnerName”/>, where
ContentPartnerNameis the verbatim name of the partner from the DFP UI.
- When the source is connected, make sure that
Source: Owneris mapped to all of the DFP key-values:
Every response to the MRSS feed request must have a valid
content-type set in order for DFP Video to accept the feed.
To connect to a content source:
- On the Video tab, select Content sources, followed by New source.
- Enter a Source name. The name is for your own internal use and does not appear externally.
- Select the content source Type.
- Enter your credentials for the selected type:
- MRSS feed: the full feed URL (required) points to a feed of all videos, and the delta feed URL (optional) points to a feed of recently updated or added videos. See an overview of feeds for DFP Video.
- YouTube (if available for your network): username
- Ooyala: API key and API secret
- Brightcove: Client ID, client secret, and account ID
DFP requires your credentials in order to sync with the content source and ingest content metadata.
- Select the Sync rule:
- Automatic: Refresh newly published content 15 times per hour, and all other content at least once per day.
- Manual: Refresh only when "Sync all" (every source in your network) or "Sync changes" (only sources that were changed since the last manual sync) are clicked from the "Content sources" menu on the Video tab.
- Click to save.
The next screen shows up to 25 videos as a sample of the content from the source you selected. Verify that the list contains the correct videos, then click Continue.
Learn how to manage content metadata.
Repeat the steps above for any additional sources.