Connect to a content source
To target ads to video content, the first step is to set up a content source in DFP.
Video content must be "active" in your content management system in order to sync with DFP. Inactive content isn't included in the sync.
- On the Video tab, select Sources.
- Click New source.
- Enter a Source name. The name is for your own internal use and won't appear elsewhere.
- Select a source Type from the drop-down menu. Source types currently include YouTube, Brightcove, Ooyala, and MRSS feed.
- Enter your credentials for the content source. DFP requires your credentials in order to sync with the content source and ingest content metadata.
- Brightcove: API token
- Ooyala: API key and API secret
- YouTube (if available for your network): username
- MRSS feed: URL (required) points to a feed of all videos, and delta URL (optional) points to a feed of recently updated or added videos.
- Select a Sync rule. This setting determines how often DFP syncs with the source, ingesting any updated content metadata. Choose from the following options:
- Automatic: The sync refreshes newly published content every 15 minutes and includes content that’s been updated up to 1 hour after it was published (MRSS feeds must be sorted by most recently published first), and all other content at least once per day at around 2:00 a.m. (The timing is based on the time zone listed on the "Admin" tab under "Network Settings".) If you choose this option, you can also initiate manual syncs whenever you like by clicking sync all or sync changes on the source details page.
- Manual: You initiate a sync at any time by clicking sync all or sync changes on the source details screen.
- Click Connect.
- The next screen shows up to 25 videos as a sample of the content from the source you selected. Verify that the list contains the correct videos, then click Continue.
If it takes a moment for your content to load, you can navigate away from the sources page. Return any time to check the status of your content.
If the content ingestion is successful, the next screen allows you to map your content metadata to DFP targeting criteria. Learn more about mapping.
Repeat the steps above for any additional sources.