Get your feet wet
- If you are interested in starting a GDG, please read the Community Guidelines before proceeding.
- Name your GDG in the form of GDG <general location>.
- The location doesn't have to be a city name, but it should have a local meaning. For example, GDG Silicon Valley has local meaning in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- As a general rule, please do not name your chapter after too large a region, like a state or country.
- Complete the New Chapter Application Form, which will open up a ticket with us. Once your application is accepted you can move on to the following steps.
Set up your GDG
- Once approved, you will be emailed a GDG sponsored ticket for Meetup.com.
- If your chapter is already on Meetup.com, please follow these instructions to redeem your ticket.
- If your chapter is not currently on Meetup.com, please follow these instructions to start your Meetup.com group.
- Connect with the GDG Leads Discussion Group and GDG Leads Announcement Group to learn best practices from other GDG leaders and stay informed on program updates.
- You're off and running! Once you start planning events, create them on your Meetup.com page. Go here to learn more on how to manage events and grow your group.