Here are general guidelines for making your GDG event fun and successful:
- Start with a short introduction and icebreaker. Provide name badges for a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- Recruit other members to help you manage the event.
- Allow free time for socializing and networking either before, during or after the event.
- Have refreshments available, possibly provided by a sponsor.
- Document the event with photos, video, live streaming, and social networking posts on Google+ or Twitter.
- Ask for feedback from participants after the event.
- If possible, have swag items (stickers, t-shirts, mugs, etc) available to be earned through quizzes or exceptional participation.
- Have fun!