In-stream video settings
The In-stream video settings section is available for in-stream video placements. Use the settings here to control if multiple orientations, companion creatives, skip buttons, and transcodes are included in the VAST pre-fetch tag for a placement. You can also choose whether or not to use VPAID to gather measurement data for the placement.
You’ll see two sections under In-stream video settings: creative elements and measurement. You can also update these settings in bulk for multiple placements using Edit multiple.
With placement-level controls, you can have one “master” in-stream video creative assigned to multiple placements. The creative can have multiple orientations or assigned companion creatives, include the skip button, and keep all transcodes enabled. The in-stream video settings from the placement determine what elements from the creative will be included in the placement tag. Your publisher’s specifications will typically determine these settings.
|Placement A||Creative A|
A single creative assigned to multiple placements. Each placement has different settings for companions, skip buttons, and transcodes.
Placement-level settings override the same settings from creatives assigned to a placement. In the future, placement-level settings will replace creative-level settings for companions, skips, and transcodes.
This option determines whether or not companion creatives will be included in the pre-fetch tag for a placement. It is set to ON by default, so companion creatives of any size and any type are included in the placement tag.
You can refine what companions are included by selecting specific sizes and asset types. For example, if you know a publisher only accepts 300x250 companions for an ad slot, set that as the included companion size. For any in-stream video creative assigned to the placement, only the 300x250 companion will be included in tags.
If you do not want to include any companion creatives in the placement, turn the toggle to OFF.
This option determines what creative orientations will be included in the pre-fetch tag for a placement. It is set to “Any” by default, so creatives of any orientation are included in the placement tag.
You can refine what orientations are included by selecting between portrait and landscape. You’ll need to have at least one creative with that orientation associated to the placement. For example, if you select portrait but have creatives assigned to the placement with both portrait and landscape orientations, only the portrait creatives assets will be included in the pre-fetch tag.
If you’re using this filter, we recommend double checking any creative rotation settings for assigned ads. If you’re using sequential rotation but one of the creatives in your sequence doesn’t have the orientation you selected here, your creatives may serve out of sequence.
This option determines if you’re controlling the skip button from the placement or if you’re using the skip settings from each creative assigned to the placement. It is set to OFF by default.
- If you set the toggle to ON, the skip button settings here will override the settings from assigned creatives. Select whether or not to include the skip button in the placement tag. If you’re including the button, set a skip offset and progress offset.
- If you set the toggle to OFF, the skip button settings from assigned creatives will be used.
This option determines if you’re controlling transcodes from the placement or if you’re using the transcode settings from each creative assigned to the placement. It is set to OFF by default.
- If you set the toggle to ON, the transcodes selected here will override the transcode settings from assigned creatives. Select whether or not to include each transcode as serving files in the placement tag.
- If you set the toggle to OFF, the transcode settings from assigned creatives will be used.
If you're using placement-level transcode settings but Campaign Manager is unable to generate a specific transcode on the assigned creative, Campaign Manager will include all transcodes that were generated on the creative level.
Measurement for Active View and Verification data for in-stream video ads is done through an HTML5 VPAID adapter. You can control if the placement allows the VPAID adapter. The available options are:
- On: Campaign Manager will always include the HTML5 VPAID adapter. Use this setting if you know a publisher always accepts the VPAID adapter
- Off: Campaign Manager will not include the HTML5 VPAID adapter. If a publisher is having trouble with your placement tags because of VPAID, use this setting to exclude the VPAID wrapper from tags.
- Let Campaign Manager decide: Campaign Manager will include the adapter based on publisher support. This is the default setting.
The default setting for new placements is controlled in site settings.
To enable measurement for in-stream video redirect creatives, you need to set the adapter to "On" and cannot use “Let Campaign Manager decide.” This prevents Campaign Manager from sending a blank tag if a publisher does not support VPAID.
If this setting is "Off" for VPAID creatives, the creative will serve but the measurement adapter will not be included.
Enabling this option will not cause in-stream video ads to be billed as VPAID ads.