Track a Twitter campaign
When you run advertising on Twitter, like Promoted Tweets and Promoted Accounts, your ads (bought from Twitter, or through any other channel) can be measured through Campaign Manager.
Enable twitter measurement
Your Campaign Manager account must be enabled for twitter measurement before tags can be generated. Go to Trafficking > Admin > Account > Properties > toggle Twitter On > click Save.
Generate tags for Twitter measurement
- Create a new Placement.
- "Select a site for your placement" appears.
- Near Context click Current account.
- Search for, then select, Twitter - Official (site ID 2061500).
- Create a 1x1 size placement.
- Create a Tracking Creative.
- Create a Tracking Ad and assign the placement and creative from steps 4 and 5. More about tracking ads.
- You must use tracking ads with impressions tags for Twitter integration (click data is still available). Click trackers are incompatible.
- Navigate to Tags > Download Tags
- Include Tracking Ads must be selected.
- Choose your placement and click Download.
<Img src="https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/trackimp/N####.2061500TWITTER-OFFICIAL/B######.#########;dc_trk_aid=#########;dc_trk_cid=########" BORDER="0" HEIGHT="1" WIDTH="1" ALT="Advertisement">
Twitter integration will fail if highlighted strikethrough text isn't removed from downloaded tags. Also unlike other in-app campaigns, the publisher does not need to pass device ID for Twitter in-app campaigns.
The following metrics are available:
- Email Shares
- Other Twitter Engagements
- Social Engagement Rate
- Total Social Engagements
- Twitter App Install Clicks
- Twitter Buy Now Clicks
- Twitter Buy Now Purchases
- Twitter Leads Generated
- Twitter Offers Accepted
- Twitter URL Clicks
The following dimensions are available:
Twitter ads terminology
This type of campaign promotes your Twitter account to desktop and mobile users in places like the "Who to follow" panel and their home timeline. Promoted accounts are labeled as "Promoted".
- Promoted Tweets are ordinary Tweets (static & video) purchased by advertisers who want to reach a wider group of users or to spark engagement from their existing followers.
- Promoted Tweets are clearly labeled as Promoted when an advertiser is paying for their placement on Twitter. In every other respect, Promoted Tweets act just like regular Tweets and can be retweeted, replied to, liked and more.
Promoted Videos are videos within Promoted Tweets that are paid for by advertisers. These appear in Twitter users' home timeline, at the top of search results on Twitter, and elsewhere on the platform, and are clearly marked as “Promoted”.
- Third party tracking with dynamic publisher tags can't be used for Twitter measurement.