When publishers don’t deliver to their reservation commitments, they may issue a credit to correct for over- or incorrect delivery. Planning now enables you to create credits to enable you and the publisher to agree on and sign a new insertion order or a change order.
Planning treats a credit like inventory in most ways. You create a credit the same way you create any other inventory, as shown below.
Import the credit from a spreadsheet. Learn more
Create the credit in-line.
- In your project, go to the Inventory view and select Project > New > Credit.
- Name the credit.
- Choose a linked Campaign Manager site or enter a site name manually.
- To search for a site name in the search box, use quotation marks around the string
- Choose the dates to which the credit should apply.
- Enter the number of credit units, and indicate whether they are impressions or clicks.
- Optionally, enter a description of the credit. We recommend this for record-keeping.
- From the drop-down, assign the credit to an existing negotiation channel to share details of the credit with the publisher, who will be notified that a change has been made.
- From the drop-down, select the order to which the credit should be applied.
- Click Save.
Credits appear on the Inventory page along with placements and placement groups, and in the dashboard at the top of each page. On the Inventory page, credits are presented differently from placements and placement groups in three ways:
- They’re marked with a different icon ($ inside circle)
- Fields that are relevant only to placements are blank and can’t be edited
- The total cost of a credit is is shown red and in parentheses. For example: (100,000.00)
Once you’ve added a credit to your inventory, you can treat it similarly to other inventory, with one key exception, listed below. Here are the similarities to inventory:
- Add it to a plan
- Export it to a spreadsheet; edit the spreadsheet; import the edited spreadsheet
- Edit it anywhere you can edit inventory - through bulk or inline edit, in the inventory side pane, on any of the pages where inventory appears - Inventory, Negotiation, Plans, Orders
- View it in Billing Actualization
- Add to a negotiation
- Add to an order
- Archive it
- Copy it
- Select it as a placement type to use as a search filter
Note: Unlike Planning placements and placement groups, you can’t execute credits.