If your controller won't charge or turn on, try the steps below.
Important: Leave the controller plugged into a USB-C charger for this whole process.
Charge your controller for 24 hours
Your controller’s battery might be low or empty. To charge your controller, you’ll need a USB Type-C charger. Leave it plugged in for 24 hours (or until the status light is on continuously).
Pair the controller
- Make sure the controller is plugged into the charger.
- On your phone, tap Overview .
- Quit all apps, scroll up to the top, and tap Clear all.
- Open Daydream > Settings.
- Tap Pair new controller.
- To finish pairing, hold down the Daydream button .
The Daydream app might update the controller, which can take 3–5 minutes. Leave the controller plugged into the USB-C charger until the update is finished.
If the controller still isn't working, check if your device is under warranty by contacting us. Tap or click the "contact us" button in the top right corner of this page.