Care and cleaning instructions
Clean the Daydream View headset
- Remove the facepad from the headset and hand-wash it with cold water and a mild detergent.
- Don’t machine-wash it.
- Pat the facepad to remove extra moisture.
- Air-dry the facepad, but not in direct sunlight.
- Don’t wring it out, iron it, tumble dry, or use bleach or steam cleaners.
- After the facepad is dry, attach it to the headset with the steps below:
- Stretch the eye holes around the lens rings.
- Attach the hook-and-loop fasteners around the edges.
Wipe it with a non-abrasive cloth and water.
Wipe the outside of the lenses with a soft, dry cloth, preferably one that's made for cleaning lenses. Use an air duster to clean the inside of the lenses.
Avoid using liquids when cleaning in or around the lenses.
Store the Daydream controller safely
If you’re using Daydream View, you can store the controller under the elastic band in the door (2016 model) or in the back headstrap loop (2017 model).
Keep the lenses pointed away from direct sunlight, as sunlight shining through the lenses could damage the headset and your phone’s screen. We also suggest removing the phone from the headset when storing it.