To explore your VR environment in 3D, use the Daydream controller. You’ll be able to point at and click on objects, navigate menus, and more.
How to use the Daydream controller
- Touchpad: Swipe to scroll and press to click.
- App button: This button depends on the app you’re using. For example, it might show menus, pause, go back, or change modes.
- Daydream button
- Press to open Daydream Dashboard.
- Press and hold to re-center your view and cursor.
- Status light: See "What the status light means" below.
- Volume buttons
- Note: Be sure not to pair a Bluetooth headset (including Pixel Buds) while using Daydream View.
- Charging port: Use a USB Type-C charger.
- Wrist strap holes
What the status light means
The controller is charged.
The controller is connected and button is pressed.
Controller battery is low.
Controller battery is charging.
Controller is pairing or connecting.
Controller is disconnected.
Controller software is being updated.
Charge the controller
To charge the controller, you’ll need a USB Type-C charger. Daydream View doesn’t include a charger or cable.
- The charger varies by country or region.
- The input voltage range between the wall outlet and this charger is AC 100V–240V, and the charger’s output voltage is DC 5V.
- For best results, use a Google-branded charger and USB Type-C cable when charging your controller. Uncertified parts may damage your controller.
- It may take up to 2 hours to fully charge your Daydream Controller.
You can buy chargers and cables from the Google Store.
Attach a wrist strap
1. On the wrist strap, pinch the thinner cord and insert it into one of the holes at the bottom of the Daydream Controller. Push it through to the other side.
2. Take the looped suede end of the strap and pull it through the loop on the thinner cord.
3. Pull taut and adjust the tab until the strap fits comfortably around your wrist.
- You don't have to turn off your controller off when you leave VR. It will automatically disconnect and save battery.
- The battery can’t be removed. Don’t attempt to open the controller.
Adjust the Daydream View headset
Adjust your headset for a better fit.
Adjust the strap: Hold both plastic rings and slide them. If your headset has a top strap, hold the plastic ring and slide it. If you wear glasses, keep them on while wearing the headset.
- Move the back of the strap up or down as you adjust the tension. Make sure the straps don’t cover your ears. The headset should rest comfortably against your forehead and face.