Report viewers can use a metric slider to filter a chart by metric value. For example, you can limit the chart to only show Orders where the total value is between $100 and $200, or where Levels Completed (in a game) is less than 5.
Add metric sliders to a chart
- Edit your report.
- Select a chart.
- You can add sliders to tables, time series, line charts, bar charts, pie charts, area charts, treemaps, scatter charts, and geo maps.
- On the right, in the Data tab of the properties panel, under Metric, turn on Metric sliders.
- If necessary, add one or more metrics to the chart.
Use metric sliders
- View your report.
- Hover over a chart that has metric sliders turned on.
- Above the top right corner of the chart, click Metric sliders .
- Each metric in your chart has a slider: if necessary, scroll the list to see more of your metrics.
- Drag the left and right ends of the slider to adjust the lower and upper boundaries of the range for a selected metric. Or type in the numbers directly using the entry fields on the left and right.
- To reset an individual slider to its default values, click Clear.
- To reset the entire chart, hover over the chart and click Reset .
- This resets all chart options, including metric sliders, optional metrics, drill down, and sorting.