Add chart interactions
Chart interactions turn your charts into clickable filters. Viewers can click a dimension value in one chart to filter other charts on the page by the selected value.
Brushing allows you to drag your mouse across a chart to select a range of values to filter by. For example, you can use a time series to filter your report by a time frame highlighted on the chart.
Try it out!
This embedded report has interactions enabled for the charts.
- To filter the charts, click a Medium in the table or a Country in the pie chart.
- To use the time series as a date range filter, click and drag your mouse across part of the chart.
- To to select multiple values, use Ctrl + click (Command + click on Mac).
- To reset the filter, right-click then select Reset Action.
To enable chart interactions
- Edit your report.
- Select a chart.
- On the right, scroll to the bottom of the DATA properties panel.
- In the Interactions section, select Click to apply filter.
- Repeat these steps for each chart you want to use as a filter.
To reset chart filters
You can reset a chart filter to the default in several ways:
- Right-click the chart, then select Reset Action.
- Click the dimension you are filtering by again.
- Click anywhere off of the chart you are filtering by.
Limits of chart interactions
Currently, you can apply chart interactions to time series, tables, geo charts, bar charts, scatter charts, and pie charts.
You can't filter by the "Others" category.