Share reports on social media
You can share Data Studio reports on social media platforms that support the Open Graph protocol. This protocol enables any web page to become a rich object in a social graph. This lets you share your data stories on platforms like Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, and Slack, or on chat applications like Hangouts, and iMessage. If your company's internal social platform supports Open Graph, you can share there as well.
How sharing on social media works
To share your report on a social media platform, all you need to do is copy and paste the URL of your report into that site's posting field. You'll automatically get a screenshot image, the title and description, and a link to the report.
Here's an example of posting a Data Studio report to Facebook:
How to share your report on social media
- Make sure your report is shared so others can view it. For public platforms, you'll want to use one of the link sharing options.
You do not need to share the data source, but for public reports, the data source should use Owner's Credentials.
- View your report and copy the URL.
- Share the report URL with the social media platform just as you would any other web page.
Change the report description
You can change the report's default description in Google Drive:
- Locate your report in Google Drive.
- Right click the report name.
- If the file details panel is not currently open on the right, click View Details.
- On the right, select the Details tab.
- To the right of the current description, click Edit .
- Enter a new description.
- Press enter to save.