Before you transfer ownership
You can only transfer ownership of assets that you own.
You must first share the file with the new owner before you can transfer ownership (otherwise, their name won't appear in the list of possible people you can share with).
You can only transfer ownership within your domain. For G Suite users, this means transferring to another person in your organization. For standard (non-G Suite) users, this means transferring to another standard user.
After you transfer ownership
It may take a few minutes for the system to complete the transfer.
Once the ownership transfer is complete:
- You'll still be able to edit that asset, unless the new owner removes your access.
- You won’t be able to transfer ownership, even back to yourself. So be sure you enter the new owner's address accurately.
Transfer a data source
When you transfer ownership of a data source, the data credentials remain intact. This ensures that data sources using Owner's credentials will continue to provide data to reports as they did before the transfer.The new owner can change the credentials to use their credentials by reconnecting the data source.
You can manually revoke your credentials after the transfer. The new owner will need to reconnect the data source to use their own credentials to access data.
How to change ownership
- Sign in to Data Studio.
- View or edit the asset you want to share.
- In top the right, click Share. The Share with others dialog appears.
To share from the Reports or Data sources home page, locate the asset you want to share, then on the right, click More , then click Share.
- Click Manage access.
- Select the new owner, then on the right, open the drop-down menu and click Make owner.
- Confirm your decision by clicking Yes.