If you see the message "Data sources in this report have changed ownership and need to be fixed," it means the original owner has transferred one or more of the data sources to a new owner, but the new owner has not yet "claimed" the data source.
This article assumes that you are the new owner. If not, please contact the new owner and refer them to this article.
To complete data source ownership transfer, perform the following steps:
- Edit the report.
- In the message bar at the top of the page, click need to be fixed. This will open the Resource > Manage added data sources page.
- For each data source in the report shown as "Ownership changed," click FIX IT.
- If you have access to the data set, you'll see the data source configuration page.
- In the top left, click EDIT CONNECTION.
- Make any changes to the data source connection, then in the upper right, click RECONNECT.
If you don't have access to the original data set, you'll need to edit the connection and select a new data set.
- Transferring ownership is a 3 step process:
- The original owner must first share the data source with the new owner.
- The original owner can then transfer ownership of the data source to a new owner.
- Following the steps above, the new owner "claims" (transfers their credentials to) the data source by reconnecting it.
- As a temporary condition, any reports with unclaimed data sources will continue to work, but will show editors a message at the top of the report. In the near future, these reports may stop working until the data sources are claimed.
- You can see which data sources need to be claimed by editing the report and going to the Resource > Manage added data sources page.