What you need to use Data Studio
What you need to view reports
To view a Data Studio report, all you need is a browser and an internet connection. A Google account is not required to view reports.
What you need to create and edit reports and data sources
To create or edit a file in Data Studio, you must:
- be signed into a Google account
- Learn how to map a non-Gmail address to a Google account.
- be in one of the supported countries (see below)
- be able to use Google Drive
- accept the Data Studio Terms of Service and Policies
Data Studio stores files on Google Drive and uses Drive sharing. However, Data Studio does not yet work on Team Drive.
If you are a G Suite user, your administrator may need to enable Google Drive for your organization.
We've tested Data Studio on the Chrome, Firefox, and Safari browsers. Editing reports and data sources on other browsers is not recommended at this time.
You can use Data Studio anywhere, with the following exceptions:
- People's Republic of China*
- North Korea
* You may view but not create reports in these countries.
Data Studio is currently available in 37 languages and supports number, date, and time formats in those languages. Data Studio can also handle 59 international currencies. To use Data Studio in a particular language, set your Google account language preference to that language.
List of supported languages
- Chinese (PRC)
- Chinese (Taiwan)
- English (US and UK)
- Greek (modern)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Portuguese (Portugal)