You can change a data source's connection to the underlying data. This lets you connect to different data using an existing data source.In this article:
Editing the data source connection lets you:
- Connect to a different account, Google Sheet, database table, etc.
- Edit a BigQuery custom query connection.
- Use a different connector.
Who can reconnect a data source
Anyone who can edit the data source can edit its connection. For embedded data sources, this includes report editors. For reusable data sources, you must have Can Edit permission to the data source.
How to reconnect a data source
- Edit the data source.
- In the upper left, click EDIT CONNECTION.
- Select the new data set.
- In the upper right, click RECONNECT. Data Studio shows the fields changed by this action, if any.
- Click APPLY.
Effects of reconnecting a data source
- New fields from the data set are added to the data source.
- Fields that have been removed from the data set are removed from the data source.
- If there are changes to the fields or the underlying data set, you become the new credentials owner.
- Other changes you've made to the data source, such as renaming fields, changing field types or aggregations, and adding descriptions, are not affected.
- Any reports using to this data source continue to do so, however, you may need to fix any charts broken by the field changes.