Embed a report
Distributing a Data Studio report by sharing with email addresses, Google Groups, or public links requires the viewer to visit the Data Studio site to view the full report. Embedding, on the other hand, lets you include your report in your own page, making it easier for you to tell your data story as broadly as possible.
See an example of an embedded report
Try it out!
The embedded report above is fully functional. You can:
- Interact with the charts
- Use the navigation controls on the bottom to go to the second page
- Open this report in Data Studio by clicking the Google Data Studio logo
(The full-screen option is disabled in the Help Center.)
How embedding works
- You embed a report using an HTML iframe in your page that includes a special embeddable link to the report.
- This link is generated by Data Studio when you enable embedding for the report.
- You can embed public and private reports:
- If the report is shared publicly, then anyone viewing your page can see the embedded report.
- If the report is shared with specific users, groups, or domains, then only those folks can see the embedded report. These viewers must be logged into a Google account.
- Embedded reports appear in the iframe in view mode.
- Embedded reports are fully functional, but users can't edit, copy, or share them, as there is no menu bar.
- Viewers can't refresh the data in an embedded report. (The data will refresh as usual when the cache expires.)
- Page navigation for multi-page reports appears in the bottom of the report.
- Viewers can click a link in the bottom of the report to see it in Data Studio.
How to embed a report
- Edit the report
- Share the report:
- For a public report, use the link sharing options "Public on the web" or "Anyone with the link can view"
- For a private report, enter one or more users or Google Groups
- G Suite users: To limit the report to users in your domain, turn link sharing on and select the "Anyone at [domain] with the link can view"
- Select File > Embed report. A dialog box appears:
- On the left of the dialog, check the Enable embedding checkbox
- Ensure that the Embed Code option is selected. The iframe code appears in the text area below.
- (Optional) Adjust the size of the iframe using the width and height controls
- Click COPY TO CLIPBOARD
You must use the link generated by this dialog. You can't embed a report using the standard shareable link.
- Edit the HTML source of the page in which you want to embed the report. Paste the iframe code where you want the report to appear.
Embed in the new Google Sites
You can embed a Data Studio report in Google Sites using the Embed URL option:
- Follow steps 1 through 4 above
- Select Embed URL
- Click COPY TO CLIPBOARD
- Edit your Google Site
- In the upper right, click Embed URL.
- Paste the URL into the Embed from the web dialog.
- Click INSERT.
Learn more about the new Google Sites.