Export data from a chart
You can use Data Studio to gain insights about your data, then export that data for use in other tools.In this article:
To export data from a chart
- View the report.
- Hover over the chart you wish to export.
- To the right of the chart, click .
- Select the export type:
- Export CSV creates a comma separated text file.
- Export CSV (Excel) creates a comma separated text file where non-ASCII characters are encoded properly for use in Excel™.
- Export to Google Sheets option sends your data directly to Sheets.
How data export works
Data export is available in view mode. Data export works on an individual chart basis. Only the data available to you in that chart is exported. Any filters, date range controls, or Google Analytics segments currently in place are also applied to the exported data. This lets you use the Data Studio report to fine-tune your data before exporting it.
Export from tables
You can control how much data to export from a table using the Show pagination option, located in the table's STYLE tab, and the Rows per page option, located in the DATA tab.
- When Show pagination is enabled, all data in the table is exported. The number of rows per page has no effect on the amount of data exported.
- When Show pagination is disabled, only the number of rows shown in the table are exported.
Disable option to export
You can disable data export for an entire report using the Advanced > Owner settings of the sharing dialog. You must be the owner of the report to see these settings.
To prevent viewers from exporting data from a report:
- View or edit the report.
- In the upper right, click .
- In the bottom right of the Share with others dialog, click Advanced.
- In the bottom right of the Sharing settings dialog, enable the Disable options to download, print, and copy for commenters and viewers option.
- Click Done.