Report layout options
You can control the way your report appears on the viewer's screen using the options in the Layout tab of the Layout and Theme properties panel. This is the default properties panel; it appears when no other component is selected.In this article:
View mode options
The header visibility options control the behavior of the report header in view mode. The header contains things like the report title, the share button, and edit button.
- Always show—the report header is always visible.
- Auto hide—the report header appears briefly, then is hidden. Hover your mouse over the header area to redisplay it.
- Initially hidden—the report header is hidden until you hover your mouse over the header area.
The navigation position options control how the pagination controls appear in your report.
- Left displays the report page navigation in a collapsible panel on the left.
- Top displays the report page navigation above the report.
The display mode options govern how your report fits in the browser window.
- Fit to width scales the components in the report in proportion to the width of the window.
- Actual size displays the report components at the same size they were created.
- Has margin shows or hides the margin area surrounding the report. Hiding the margin makes the report appear to occupy the entire window.
The canvas size options let you select from a number of preset sizes or enter custom display dimensions.
Report-level component position
This option determines how report-level components interact with other components on the page.
- Top positions report-level components in front of all other components (similar to using the Arrange > Order > Bring to front menu).
- Bottom positions report-level components behind all other components (similar to using the Arrange > Order > Send to back menu).