Connect to Search Console
Google Search Console is a free service that helps you monitor and maintain your site's presence in Google Search results.The Data Studio Search Console connector helps you track and analyze your site's performance on Google Search. You can easily extend those reports to include data from other sources, such as Google Analytics and Google Ads, to give you a more comprehensive view of your online presence.In this article:
How to connect to Search Console
- Sign in to Data Studio. After signing in, you'll see the Home page, with the REPORTS tool selected.
- On the left, navigate to the DATA SOURCES Home page.
- In the bottom right, click .
- Select the Search Console connector.
- If prompted, click AUTHORIZE to let Data Studio access your data.
You can revoke this access at any time.
- In the Sites panel, choose the site to which you wish to connect.
- In the Tables panel, choose either Site Impression or URL Impression. See the Notes section below for details.
- In the upper right, click CONNECT.
- The data source fields panel appears.
- The data source is now connected to your data set.
Configure the data source
The data source fields panel is where you configure the data source by renaming fields and adding descriptions, adding calculated fields, and changing data types and aggregations. Learn more about working with data source fields.
Control who sees the data
In the upper right of the fields panel, you can change the data source credentials. Credentials control who can see the data provided by this data source.
USING OWNER'S CREDENTIALS lets other people view or create reports that use this data without requiring them to have their own access to the data set.
USING VIEWER'S CREDENTIALS, on the other hand, requires each user of the data source to provide their own credentials to access the data set.
Learn more about data source credentials.
Create a new report from the data source
- In the upper right, click CREATE REPORT.
- The report editor appears.
- Click ADD TO REPORT.
- This adds the data source to report.
- You can now create charts and controls that get their data from this data source.
New to Data Studio?
The Query field lists the search terms used by your property's visitors. To protect user privacy, Search Analytics doesn't show all data. For example, we might not track some queries that are made a small number of times, or those that contain personal or sensitive information. In this case, Data Studio may aggregate these untracked queries into a single row with a blank value. You can remove blank rows from your reports by using a filter in your report to exclude null values from the Query dimension:
Google Search Console uses 2 different aggregation methods for reporting on search performance: site impressions and URL impressions. The Search Console connector gives you access to both these methods; however a single data source can only use one of these. (To see your site impressions and URL impressions side by side, create 2 data sources and add both to a single report.)
Want to use this data source with different accounts? Try adding a data control.
The data control gives report viewers a way to select the account that provides the data they want to see in a report. This can eliminate the need to create separate reports and data sources for your various accounts. Learn more.