Search Console connector
Google Search Console is a free service offered by Google that helps you monitor and maintain your site's presence in Google Search results.
By connecting Data Studio to Search Console, you can build reports that help you track and analyze your site's performance on Google Search. You can easily extend those reports to include data from other sources, such as Google Analytics and AdWords, to give you a more comprehensive view of your online presence.
How to connect to Search Console
- Create a new data source
- Select Search Console from the Connectors list
- If prompted, click AUTHORIZE to let Data Studio access your data
You can revoke this access at any time.
- In the Sites panel, choose the site to which you which you wish to connect
- In the Tables panel, choose either Site Impression or URL Impression. See the Notes section below for details.
- Click CONNECT
In a moment, the Fields screen will appear. You can now configure your data source fields and create reports using your Search Console data.
- The Query field lists the search terms used by your property's visitors. To protect user privacy, Search Analytics doesn't show all data. For example, we might not track some queries that are made a small number of times, or those that contain personal or sensitive information. In this case, Data Studio may aggregate these untracked queries into a single row with a blank value. You can remove blank rows from your reports by using a filter:
Exclude Query Is Null
Learn more about Search Analytics
- Google Search Console uses 2 different aggregation methods for reporting on search performance: site impressions and URL impressions. The Search Console connector gives you access to both these methods; however a single data source can only use one of these. (To see your site impressions and URL impressions side by side, create 2 data sources and add both to a single report.)