Edit a data source
Data source editors can perform any of the following actions:
- Rename the data source
- Rename data source fields
- Duplicate a data source field
- Create calculated fields
- Change field aggregations
- Change field types
- Remove and restore the data source
- Refresh, reconnect, or reset a data source
- Share the data source
This article describes the various ways you can get to a specific data source so you can edit it. To learn more about what you can edit, consult the relevant help articles.
Access a data source
From the DATA SOURCES Home page
- Sign in to Data Studio.
- Click DATA SOURCES on the left.
- Browse or use the search box in the upper right to locate the data source you wish to edit.
- Click that data source in the list.
From within a report
You can access the data source for any component of a report while editing the report.
- Select a component.
- Select the DATA tab on the right, then click the data source edit icon: