Learn how to access and modify an existing data source.
Data source editors can perform any of the following actions:
- Share the data source
- Rename the data source
- Rename fields
- Duplicate fields
- Create calculated fields
- Change field aggregations
- Change field types
- Remove and restore the data source
- Refresh data source fields
- Connect to a different data set
You must have edit access to the data source to perform any of the actions listed above.
Edit access to a data source does NOT grant you access to the underlying data set.
Ways to access a data source
From the Home page
- Sign in to Data Studio.
- At the top of the Data Studio home page, click Data Sources.
- Browse or use the search box at the top to locate the data source you wish to edit.
- Click that data source in the list.
From within a report
You can access the data source for any component of a report while editing the report.
- Select a component.
- On the right, select the DATA tab , then click the data source edit icon .
Rename a data source
- Edit the data source
- On the left, click the current name.
- Enter a new name.