Connect to YouTube Analytics
YouTube allows billions of people to discover, watch, and share original videos content.
Anyone with a Google account can upload videos to a YouTube channel. The YouTube Analytics connector allows you to use Data Studio to report on analytics data about the YouTube channels you own.In this article:
How to connect to YouTube Analytics
- Sign in to Data Studio. After signing in, you'll see the Home page, with the REPORTS tool selected.
- On the left, navigate to the DATA SOURCES Home page.
- In the bottom right, click .
- Select the YouTube Analytics connector.
- If prompted to grant Data Studio access to your account, click AUTHORIZE.
You can revoke this access at any time.
- Select a connection option (described below) and provide your connection details.
- In the upper right, click CONNECT.
- The data source fields panel appears.
- The data source is now connected to your data set.
When creating a YouTube Analytics data source, you can connect to your YouTube channel data in the following ways:
The All option provides a list of all the accounts and channels to which you have access.
The My Channel option provides a list of the channels associated with your current Google account.
If you use YouTube’s Content ID Matching system, you are considered to be a YouTube Content Owner. You can manage multiple channels, and allow other users to access this channel data on your behalf. The Content Owners option provides a list of all the content owner accounts to which you have access. Selecting an account will then show you a list of your channels.
The Google+ Pages option lets you access channel data via an associated Google+ page. (A YouTube channel connected to a Google+ page can be shared across multiple accounts, which makes Google+ a useful tool for team-based video management.)
Use the Advanced option to specify either a channel or a content owner ID directly.
Configure the data source
The data source fields panel is where you configure the data source by renaming fields and adding descriptions, adding calculated fields, and changing data types and aggregations. Learn more about working with data source fields.
Control who sees the data
In the upper right of the fields panel, you can change the data source credentials. Credentials control who can see the data provided by this data source.
USING OWNER'S CREDENTIALS lets other people view or create reports that use this data without requiring them to have their own access to the data set.
USING VIEWER'S CREDENTIALS, on the other hand, requires each user of the data source to provide their own credentials to access the data set.
Learn more about data source credentials.
Create a new report from the data source
- In the upper right, click CREATE REPORT.
- The report editor appears.
- Click ADD TO REPORT.
- This adds the data source to report.
- You can now create charts and controls that get their data from this data source.
New to Data Studio?
Only 50 channels are displayed in the Content Owners and Google+ Pages options. Use the advanced option to access other channels.
Want to use this data source with different accounts? Try adding a data control.
The data control gives report viewers a way to select the account that provides the data they want to see in a report. This can eliminate the need to create separate reports and data sources for your various accounts. Learn more.