Google Ads connector
Google Ads allows you to reach potential customers with online ads. The Data Studio Google Ads connector enables Google Ads advertisers to access performance report data within Data Studio.In this article:
How to connect to Google Ads
A Data Studio data source can connect to any one Google Ads account to which you have access. Google Ads users with manager (MCC) accounts can connect to and report on up to 50 sub-accounts per data source.
Select an individual account
- Sign in to Data Studio. After signing in, you'll see the Home page, with the REPORTS tool selected.
- On the left, navigate to the DATA SOURCES Home page.
- In the bottom right, click .
- Select the Google Ads connector.
- If prompted to grant Data Studio access to your account, click AUTHORIZE.
You can revoke this access at any time.
- Click ALL ACCOUNTS.
- Select an account. You can search by account ID or by name.
- Select Overall Account Fields.
The Overall Account Fields selection combines all of your Google Ads fields into a single list for a selected customer account. This lets you combine the dimensions and metrics from any of your Google Ads reports in your Data Studio reports.
- In the upper right, click CONNECT.
- The data source fields panel appears.
- The data source is now connected to your data set.
Select Manager (MCC) Accounts
If you have access to a Manager account, you can select MANAGER ACCOUNTS in the Accounts panel. Select the account and any sub-accounts to include in this data source. You can select up to 50 sub-accounts.
Use the currency drop-down menu on the right to filter your accounts according to currency type.
If you select accounts that use different currency types (e.g., dollars and euros), then the data source will not contain any revenue-related fields, such as Average CPM. To include revenue-related fields, make sure the accounts you choose use the same currency.
Configure the data source
The data source fields panel is where you configure the data source by renaming fields and adding descriptions, adding calculated fields, and changing data types and aggregations. Learn more about working with data source fields.
Control who sees the data
In the upper right of the fields panel, you can change the data source credentials. Credentials control who can see the data provided by this data source.
USING OWNER'S CREDENTIALS lets other people view or create reports that use this data without requiring them to have their own access to the data set.
USING VIEWER'S CREDENTIALS, on the other hand, requires each user of the data source to provide their own credentials to access the data set.
Learn more about data source credentials.
Create a new report from the data source
- In the upper right, click CREATE REPORT.
- The report editor appears.
- Click ADD TO REPORT.
- This adds the data source to report.
- You can now create charts and controls that get their data from this data source.
New to Data Studio?
Entities such as AdGroup or Campaign, with zero impressions will not appear in Google Ads data sources.
Want to use this data source with different accounts? Try adding a data control.
The data control gives report viewers a way to select the account that provides the data they want to see in a report. This can eliminate the need to create separate reports and data sources for your various accounts. Learn more.