The home page is where you create and access all your Data Studio files.
Reports Home legend
- Create a new file.
- Search. Find files quickly .
- File type tabs. Switch between Reports, Data Sources, and the Explorer.
- Help and feedback.
- User settings.
- Google Marketing Platform product selector (Google Marketing Platform users only) .
- Manage your Google account .
- Filter the file list to show recent files, those owned by you, those shared with you, and files in the trash.
- Report samples and templates. Start with a blank report, or customize a fully functional template.
- File list. Click a file to view it.
- On the right, use a file's overflow menu to share, rename, or remove it .
- Sort files by name, owner, or date.
Find your way around the report editor
To edit a report, locate it in the file list, view the file, then in the upper right, click EDIT.
Report editor legend
- Logo. Click to return to the Reports Home page.
- Menu bar. Many menu functions can also be accessed by right-clicking a component.
- (From left to right:)
- Manage report pages.
- Selection mode | Undo | Redo.
- Add a chart to your report.
- Add interactive viewer controls.
- Add text, images, lines, and shapes.
- Add data to the report.
- Open the Theme and layout panel.
- Change the selected chart's visualization type.
- Select a chart to display the properties panel for that chart.
- To configure the chart's appearance, click STYLE.
- Configure the chart's data properties.
- Available fields. Drag and drop dimensions and metrics into the data properties panel.
Find your way around the data source editor
To edit a data source used by your report:
- Edit your report.
- In the menus, select Resource > Manage added data sources.
- Locate the data source in the list, then to the right, click Edit .
Data source editor legend
- Data source name. Click to change the name.
- Version history. View and restore previous versions of the data source .
- Next to version history is Share this data source with other people .
- Data source options:
- Data credentials. Determines how data from this data source can be viewed by others.
- Data freshness. Balance data updates with report performance.
- Community visualizations access. Allow this data source to provide data to community visualizations.
- Field editing in reports. Allows report editors to change field names and aggregations, apply analytical functions, and set field display options without needing to edit the data source.
- Make a copy of this data source.
- Create report. Create a new report from this data source.
- Explore. Create a new exploration from this data source.
- Add a field. Create a calculated field.
- Edit connection. The data source owner can reconnect the data source.
(Not shown: Filter by email address. Add row level security to your data.
- Fields. Dimensions appear in green chips, metrics in blue chips, parameters in purple chips. Click a field to give it a new name. To perform other field actions, click More .
- Field type. Determines the kind of data contained in the field. Click the drop-down menu to change the type. Use caution: changing field types can have a big impact on your reports.
- Aggregation. Determines how the field is summarized. Click the drop-down menu to change the aggregation. Fields with AUTO aggregation can't be changed.
- Calculated fields. Click fx to edit the field formula.
- Refresh fields. Click to update the data source with any structural changes made to the underlying data set.
- Field count. Displays the number of fields in the data source.