Find your way around Data Studio
Get a quick overview of the Data Studio Home page and editor.
In this article:
Find your way around the Home page
- Report samples and templates. Start with a blank report, or customize a fully functional template.
- Google Analytics 360 Suite product selector (Analytics 360 Suite users only)
- Use the overflow menu to send feedback and access help
- Google profile icon. Manage your Google account
- (Not shown) Google Analytics 360 Suite organization selector (Analytics 360 Suite users only)
- Category tabs. Filter the list of reports or data sources to show all files, those owned by you, those shared with you, and files in the trash.
- Search. Find reports or data sources quickly
- Sort the file list
- Tool selector. Switch between reports and data sources. The DATA SOURCES Home page is very similar to REPORTS Home.
- File list. Click a report or data source to view it.
- Click the overflow menu to do more things with the file, such as share or remove it.
- Choose from a number of video tutorials to watch.
- Create new report button.
Find your way around the report editor
- Logo. Click to return to the REPORT Home page.
- Menu bar. Many menu functions can also be accessed by right-clicking a component.
- (From left to right:)
- Cache control. Update the cache.
- Copy report. Create a duplicate of this report.
- View/Edit toggle. Switch between edit and view mode.
- Suite organization icon. Switch between organizations ( Google Analytics Suite 360 users only)
- Google profile icon. Manage your Google account.
- Page controls. Add pages to and remove pages from the report. Navigate to and rename pages.
- Selection mode | Undo | Redo.
- Chart tools. Click a chart tool, then draw a box on the page to add that chart to your report.
- Text , image, and shape tools. Add annotations, graphics, and geometric shapes to your report.
- Date range & Filter tools. Add interactive controls that let users refine the report.
- Share button. Share this report with other people
- Charts. Charts visualize the dimensions and metrics from your data sources. Select a chart to display the properties panel for that chart.
- Page Build your report here.
- Properties panel. Configure the settings and properties for the currently selected component.