I've forgotten my Google Account username
To find out what your username is and how to recover it, read the instructions below.
Google Accounts users that haven't signed up for Gmail
If you don't use Gmail with your account, your username is the full email address used to create your account (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org). Make sure you enter the entire address, including the part after the '@' sign.
If you're not sure what email address you used to create your Google Account, you can find out by entering possible email addresses at the password-assistance page. You'll receive a message stating either that there are no accounts in our system for your email address, or that we've sent you an email with a link to reset your password.
Your username is everything that appears before '@gmail.com.' If you've signed up for Gmail, please follow these steps to retrieve your username:
- Visit the username-assistance page.
- Enter your alternate email address in the 'Email' field (your alternate email address is the one you provided when you signed up for Gmail).
- Click Submit.
- Type the characters in the picture into the text box, and click Submit. A list of any usernames associated with that secondary email address will be sent to the address you provided.
- Check your alternate email account for the list of Gmail usernames associated with your alternate email address.
- If you received an email from the Gmail team at your alternate address after signing up, you can also retrieve your username from that message. Keep in mind that we won't be able to help you recover your username, unless you can access your alternate email address.
- If you didn't enter an alternate email address when you signed up for Gmail, and you received an invitation to sign up, you may be able to retrieve your username by clicking the link in your Gmail invitation.