Disable ads on a free basic search engine
In order to disable ads on your free CSE, you site must belong to an organization recognized as exempt from taxation under section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. Outside of the U.S., this is available to charitable organizations as defined under country-specific regulations or requirements.
If the site meets these criteria, follow the steps below to disable advertising. Please be prepared to demonstrate that you meet the criteria for these organizations when the Google legal team contacts you.
- On the Control Panel, on the left-hand menu, click Business settings.
- In the Preferences section, select the Advertising status option that reads Do not show ads on results pages ....
- Click Save Changes button.
Disable ads on Google Site Search
Follow these steps to disable ads on a paid or non-profit search engine.
- On the Control Panel, on the left-hand menu, click Make money.
- If your Google Site Search engine already has an AdSense ID associated with it, this will be displayed on the Make Money page. To disable ads, click Undo this association.