Depending on the type of content in your results, you might want to sort them in certain ways. For example, you may want to sort the results of your search engine by relevance. Or, if your search results contain Reviews rich snippets, you might want to sort them by rating.
To configure search results sorting:
- From the Control Panel, select the search engine you want to change.
- Click Search features from the left menu and open the Advanced tab.
- Click on Results sorting.
- By default, sorting by Relevance and Date will already be available. If that's all you need, just click the slider to make sure Results sorting is On.
- If you want to add a different way of sorting, click Add key.
- In the Key field, enter the key for sorting. If your results include structured data in the form of PageMaps, the key should be the DataObject name. If your results include rich snippets, the key should be the property you want to sort by. You can use the rich snippets testing tool to see the keys available for your content.
- In the Label field, enter a Label to identify your key.
- Click Save.