Configure Google Analytics for your search engine
You can see Site Search reports in Google Analytics by configuring Site Search reports for your search engine. To set up Google Analytics Site Search reports:
- From the control panel, select the search engine you want to edit.
- Click Statistics and logs from the menu on the left and then click the Google Analytics tab.
- In the Google Analytics profile dropdown, select the profile you want to use.
- Click Query Parameters to edit the query paramater if you want. The query parameter is a word used to indicate an internal query, such as "search" or "query." You can also use just a letter, such as "s" or "q." Provide up to five, separated by commas.
- (Optional) If you use refinements for your search engine, type the category parameter in the Category parameters box.
- Click OK.
Once you've set up Analytics Site Search, make sure your page includes both the Custom Search code snippet and the Google Analytics tracking code. It may take several hours for data from searches to be available in Analytics.