What is Custom Search?
Google Custom Search lets you include a search engine on your website to help your visitors find the information they're looking for. Because Custom Search is based on Google's core search technology, you can be confident that your users are getting high quality, relevant results. You can customize a lot of your search engine, including:
- Apply your site's look and feel to the search box and results page
- Use search features such as refinements, autocomplete, and promotions to enhance your users' search experience
- Understand your users' behavior by linking your search engine with Google Analytics
- Make money from your search engine with Google AdSense
How is Custom Search different from Google Web Search?
You have the option to set your custom search engine to search the entire web, similar to a normal search on Google.com. However, you might notice some differences. Your custom search engine:
- Emphasizes your results over anything else on the web
- Doesn't include some Google Web Search features, such as personalized results
- May have a subset of results from the Google index if you include more than ten sites