You can promote any URL—even one that’s not included in your search engine—so that it’s displayed to users whenever a user searches for a specified keyword. For example, you can create a promotion to ensure that users always see your New and Important page highlighted at the top of your the results whenever they do a search for "news". (If more than three promotions are triggered by a search, Custom Search will select three promotions at random to display.)
Add a promotion
- On the Custom Search home page, click the search engine you want.
- Click Search features, and then click the Promotions tab.
- Switch Enable promotions to ON.
- Click Add.
- In the triggering queries box, type a query that will trigger the display of your promotion. You can add more than one query.
- Type the title you want to appear in the promotion box.
- In the Link box, type the URL you want to promote.
- If you want to display a thumbnail in your promotion, add the URL in the Thumbnail image URL box.
- Click OK.
You can include a brief description and image for each promotion. To add or edit these additional items, as well as appearance elements such as the border and background color, click Look and feel on the Control Panel, and then click Customize. In the left-hand column, scroll down to Promotions settings.