Add an admin
You can add up to 200 admin for your search engine. Each admin must have a valid Google Account.
Admins you add will be able to view and edit almost any data associated with your search engine. However, they won't be able to:
- Delete the search engine
- Add or remove admin accounts
- View "Annotation" upload/download option
- Access the Make money tab.
To add an admin:
- On the Custom Search home page, click the search engine you want.
- Click Setup, and then click the Admin tab.
- Click Add.
- Type the email address of the person you want to add. The email address must be associated with a valid Google Account, or it won't be valid. This will send an email to the user inviting them to contribute to this Custom Search Engine.
Verifying an admin:
Before an added user can manage a Custom Search engine, the user will need to complete the verification step.
- Access the Custom Search Engine you wish to help manage. This can be done from the link in the collaboration email or by accessing the engine from the Custom Search home page.
- Select Include me as a Administrator.
- Click Save.
If Remove me as a Administrator is selected instead, the user will be removed as an administrator and will be unable to access that specific Custom Search Engine.