Add search to your site
Once you've created your custom search engine, you can add the Custom Search element to your site so that visitors can use it. To do this, you'll need to copy some code and paste it into your site's HTML where you want your search engine to appear.
Add a custom search engine to your site
- Click Setup, and then click the Basics tab.
- In the Details section, click Get code.
- Copy the code and paste it into your page's HTML source code where you want the Custom Search element to appear. If you've chosen the two column or two page layout option, you'll need to copy and paste two snippets of code:
- Paste the first code snippet where you want the search box to appear.
- Paste the second code snippet where you want the search results to appear.