Promotions in autocomplete
With promotions, you can highlight any URL—even one that’s not included in your search engine—so that it’s displayed whenever a user searches for a specified keyword. Promotions appear at the top of search results, but you can also choose to display promotions in autocomplete, so that they are displayed as soon as a user starts typing in the search box.
Automatically display all promotions in autocomplete
- On the Custom Search home page, click the search engine you want.
- Click Search features, and then click the Promotions tab.
- Switch Enable promotions in autocomplete to ON.
- When you're happy with your changes, click Publish.
To display a promotion in autocomplete:
- On the Control Panel, in the left-hand menu, click Autocompletions.
- In the Custom Autocompletions section, click the Autocompletion Promotions tab.
- Click Add.
- In the Queries box, type a query that will trigger the display of your promotion. You can add more than one query.
- In the Title box, type the title you want to appear in the promotion box.
- In the Description box, type a description of the page you're promoting.
- In the Link box, type the URL you want to promote.
- If you want to display an icon in your promotion, add the URL and click Update Preview.
- Click OK.