Enable image search
If the sites in your custom search engine include images, you can enable image search. Your search engine will display image results in a separate tab from web results.
Things to note:
- Custom image will vary from those returned by Google Images, even if you’ve configured your search engine to search the entire web. That's because Custom Search is designed to present a more personalized experience.
- Some features, such as Autocompletions and Promotions, aren't available for custom image search.
To enable image search:
- On the Custom Search home page, click the search engine you want.
- On the Control Panel, on the left-hand menu, click Basics.
- In the Search Preferences section, click Enable image search.
- Click Save.
- On the Control Panel, on the left-hand side, click Get code.
- Copy the code and paste it into your site, replacing the existing code snippet.