Create a search engine
To create a new search engine, you need to choose what content you want to include in the results and give the search engine a name.
- On the Google Custom Search home page, click New search engine.
- In the Sites to search box, type the sites you want to include. You can include any sites you want, not just sites you own. You can include site URLs or page URLs, and you can also get fancy and use URL patterns.
- Type a name for your search engine. This is for your own use only; users won't be able to see it.
- If you want to limit your results to pages about a certain topic, you can add schema.org types under Advanced Options. You can use schema.org types in two ways: For more information on schema.org types, see Make a topical search engine with schema.org types.
- Include results with a schema.org type from certain sites To limit your results to schema.org types from certain sites, add the sites you want to include to Sites to search and up to 10 schema.org types in Advanced options.
- Include results with a schema.org type from the full web To include any site on the web that contains one of the schema.org types you specified, leave Sites to search empty and add up to 10 schema.org types in Advanced options.
- Click Create.
- Copy the code that appears on the next page, and paste it into your site wherever you want your Custom Search Engine to appear.