Search the entire web
If you have a basic custom search engine, you can set it to search the entire web. Note that results may not match the results you'd get by searching on Google Web Search. If you do set your search engine to search the entire web, you won't be able to use on-demand indexing.
Create a search engine that searches the entire web:
- From the Google Custom Search homepage, click New search engine.
- In the Sites to Search box, enter at least one valid URL (e.g. www.google.com).
- Click Create.
- On the next page, under Optional next steps, click Edit.
- On the Basics tab, under Search Preferences, select Search the entire web but emphasize included sites.
- Click Save Changes.
- In the left-hand menu, under Control Panel, click Sites.
- Delete the site you entered during the initial setup process.