Create an in-painting tour
With in-painting tours, users can navigate across the features of a painting and learn more about its stories and hidden details. This type of exhibit can only contain a single image.
To get started:
- Click Create new exhibit in the Exhibits manager to open the exhibit editor.
- Click Details above the exhibit editor.
- Tick the "Enable playback" box underneath “In-Painting Tour Configuration".
- Click Save.
- Select the image you would like to give an in-painting tour of by clicking Search for items to create and share exhibits.
- Find the item you would like to include in your exhibit, and drag and drop it onto the drawer. This cannot be a Street View or video.
- Click Back to exhibit.
- Customize your title page by dragging your chosen image from the items drawer onto the title page.
- Enter a title and brief description that lets the user know what your in-painting tour is about.
Select which detail of the painting you want to focus on:
- Drag the image into a new panel. Click Edit below the panel.
- Zoom on the detail you would like the user to focus on, by using the zoom slider and dragging the image to the correct position.
- Click the Text option and add information that gives context about the particular detail you are highlighting.
- Set the panel to immersive layout.
- Click on the arrow on the top left to go back to the exhibit editor.
- Create new panels and zooms for as many details as you want to highlight.
Completing your exhibit
Once you have completed your in-painting tour, click Mark as complete at the top right of the exhibit editor. Let your partner manager know that your exhibit is ready.
Find out how to add translations.